Henna After Care
Tips to get dark henna stain
Following are some steps you can follow to get rich stain.
- Keep paste on for a minimum of 6 hours. Leaving it on for overnight yields best results.
- Pick or scrape paste off after 6-8 hours. If paste falls off earlier, don’t panic. It has done its job. Just don’t help it along by picking. Do not wash with water. No water contact for 24 hours if possible (48 hours is even better)
- Initial stain will be dull to bright orange depending on a person. Design will progress from orange tones to burgundies or browns depending on the person in about 48 hours. Color may continue to deepen even longer on some individuals.
- The warmer the body temperature, the faster and darker the henna will stain. If you are cold, try drinking something hot before you start.
- Henna stain and last differently on every person due to many reasons. With proper after care you can enjoy your henna stain for up to 2 weeks.
Tips to make your henna stain last longer
Here are some easy to follow tips to protect your henna stain:
Keep your hands moisturized using a natural oil such as olive oil, coconut oil. Oil works as anti-water Gadget. Use oil before bathing and swimming. Avoid contact with harsh chemical products such as chlorine (bleach) and any petroleum products (baby oil, sunscreen, Vaseline) as they will contribute to the demise of your stain. Frequent washing, soaps and the rubbing of clothing and shoes on the design will cause your henna design to fade more quickly. Avoid shaving and waxing after henna application as both removes layers of skin which results in fading your henna stain.